center

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Crack Pots

      Tuesday I went to an event here inPortland called Crack Pots. It was held outside at a Hotel / restaurant / pub called the Edgefield.  Local artists were showing and selling their art. Anything from recycled class, coffee cups, metal cans, telephone wire, marbles, and many more metal objects. My Mom, my Sister Carie,  my niece Ella and I  enjoyed seeing all the fun colors and talented artists. I also saw some things that I have made  in the past, shucks I could have made a pretty penny for some of the stuff  I have made.
 Here is an artist and her inspiration.
  

Us 4 girls all got this crazy idea that we were going to make some of these fun artistic creations, so off to Goodwill we went.  My sister picked a few little plates to make a plate flower........ I will look forward to seeing what she has come up with. I picked up a few odds and ends. A really cute bird cage thingy. 

We had so much fun being together on the beautiful day. 

Carie and I sure do love our Niece Ella.


Today I think I became a Crack Pot! I went to a Grand Opening at a Goodwill this morning. OMG I have totally lost it. The place was PACKED!  But of course I was in the middle of it all.
I would still be there but I was out of money for the day . I picked up some jars  and some finials I have just placed them around the house. I took one of the jars and made it a treat jar for Henry (my dog).
I tied some doggie cookie cutters (I got from GW) to some yarn and  beads that I had in my stash already . Now it is a fun and pretty jar for his chicken treats.

I'm on the hunt for a rocking chair now. I may have to go back to "My" Thrift Shop.

Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin