center

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting some last minute playing in......

Today I decided to get some of painting done. I'm going under the knife in a week, I am having Shoulder Surgery, I thought this is my last time I will be able to hold a spray can for a couple of months. So I dug out this little mailbox that I had picked up at a garage sale for a $1.00.
I'm not sure what I am going to do with exactly but this is how it looks now It can hold stationary / cards in my studio or I can hang it by the front door and I can put "bags" in it so they will be handy when I take Henry for a walk.

The other things I had were some trays. Something like this..... they aren't bad but they were looking grungy.
and this one I picked up at a church sale. $1.50. The white ones I have on my ottoman in my family room. They hold drinks, the remote, a tablet of paper so you can vote for your favorite contestant on any Reality TV Program..... now they are black... I like that they nest inside one another for those times I eat in front of the TV.

The other one I though would look nice at my sisters house on her Ottoman, but I think I will be using it first. While I recover from surgery. I just painted it black for now.
Thanks to my neighbor that is alway willing to help me whenever I need him. Thanks Chuck!
OH yeah I wanted to ask advice I got this wooden thingy at the same church sale for a $1.00 and I didn't know where to put it. This is what it looks like in the window in my eating area....
What do you think of this? I took the picture right, You don't have your Computer upside down
I still haven't decided if I like it or not. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. My first thought when I saw it was, "hey, that's cool". I think it's a great use for something that normally would just take up space as an ornament. I never would have thought to turn it into a shelf before it made its way to Goodwill. You got some serious craft creds, lady!

    -Albert

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it.

    Can you remove it from the stand and hang it alone? If it's large enough, it might look cool above a door. I can't really get a sense of it's size.

    But very cool way to re-use it as a shelf! You have certainly got 'the eye'!

    c

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin