center

Friday, February 5, 2010

Me Cook? Well........

I have been craving Beets. Who likes Beets?  No hands?  It's one of those vegies you either love or hate. But look how pretty Beets are......

I got a recipe from a neighbor for Borscht  (beet soup) So today was the day I had to make it.

1st I chopped an onion (maybe the 3rd one I have done in my whole  life) not a favorite of mine.
Ok that's a good start. Now it is time to peel the beets

Aren't they pretty?

Scrub scrub, Hmmm will this ever come off my hands? That's ok cause it's a pretty color.

Then I didn't think this all the way through, since I am still recovering from shoulder surgery I don't have the strength to cut a beet....... 

But wait I know what I need..... Dun dida dunnnnn (lightning bolt)

GINSU 
"It will even cut a pop can......."   Ok that was my commercial
but it worked like a charm.
With a chop chop here and chop chop there.......

(I have got the music pumping through the house at this point)

Add a little of this and.........
  

And a little of that......
some spices, Cumin, Thyme, Bay leaf, lemon juice...

My  loyal cooking companion Henry.
 Mmmmm, the house smells so yummy mommy


Dinner is served
Happy Valentines day early 

This is the best Olive bread from Trader Joes


I'm proud of myself. It was Delish. 
I brought some over to my neighbors to enjoy too. Verdict is still out, but I liked it. 

Cindy

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin